Tuesday, February 27, 2018

New Release-Excerpt: HERE WITHOUT YOU by JJ Harper (Cooper's Ridge #2)



 HERE WITHOUT YOU

COOPER’S RIDGE SERIES #2
by
JJ Harper





Archer Hawkins and Mallory Halston literally run into each other and a true love story is born. Archer pursues Mallory with absolute determination making him fall hook, line, and sinker. 
“I really would like to get to know you, Mallory.” His voice husky in my ear. “I don’t think it’s a good idea, I’m sorry.” I’m already kicking myself for turning him down. “That’s okay, I’ll ask again tomorrow, and the day after, I’ll get you to say yes in the end.”  
But just when they’re about to get everything they ever hoped tragedy strikes leaving Mal alone and adrift. Putting his past behind him Mal stumbles upon Cooper’s Ridge. Changing his name to Carter, he takes a chance, becoming a bartender at The Last Drop Inn, and embarking on a new life.
Local attorney, Dan Mortimer, has finally found and captured the heart of Cooper’s Ridge’s newest resident, Carter. 
“I was coming in to see you, and maybe get you to agree to dinner with me. C’mon Carter it’s only dinner, I’m a nice guy I promise.” 
But when Dan’s college friend comes to town to recuperate after a horrible car accident, it seems the most important men in his life may have something to answer for. And just how far will an evil, conniving, homophobic mother with a vendetta go to bring them all down? 
Here Without You is a gay ménage story with plenty of hot sex and strong language and is therefore suitable for readers aged 18 and over.


Excerpt
“Can I see you again? Tonight? Please, Mallory, give me another chance.” He smiles softly, making my heart skip a beat.
“I can’t do tonight. I’m here ‘til ten o’clock.” I look over my shoulder, and my boss is scowling at me, his arms folded over his chest. “I’ve got to get to work. I’m sorry, Archer. Maybe another day.” I scurry away, avoiding eye contact with my boss and serve the next customer.
“I’ll be here at ten, Mallory,” Archer calls out as he walks out.
“This isn’t a pick-up joint, Halston. Get to work,” Mr. Kowolski mutters to me before stomping back to his office.
Carl looks at me and gives me a smile. “He’s a hot guy, rich too. You should go for him.” He winks and carries on serving.
The day is long, and I’m hot and sweaty by the time I finish. All I want to do is go back to my room and get under a cold shower. The night has cooled down, but even in darkness, the heat is suffocating. I walk out the kitchen door and see Archer waiting for me. He smiles and pushes off from the wall. I look at his long legs clad in denim tonight, and a tight-fitting short-sleeved shirt shows off his broad chest, making me swallow hard.
“You shouldn’t have come out again, Archer. I’m tired and in desperate need of a shower and my bed. Can we take a raincheck?” I ask quietly as he approaches me.
His green eyes darken as he looks me over. “I’m here now, and I can offer you both of those options if you’d like to come back to my place.” His voice is deep and husky as he steps into my space.
“Huh? I don’t think that’s a good idea. We don’t know each other.” I struggle to speak as I inhale the crisp citrus scent of his cologne.
“What better way to find out more.” His mouth is so close to mine I can feel his warm breath washing over my dry lips. I slide my tongue over my lower lip, dampening it or maybe trying to capture his flavor. My eyes flutter as I feel his mouth brush over mine, a touch so light I could have almost believed I imagined it until I hear him sigh.
“Sh*t,” I mutter under my breath. My heart beats frantically in my chest as I crave for his touch.
“Come back with me, Mallory.” His words resonate in my chest, making my refusal impossible. I nod my head and let him take my hand. “Thank you,” he whispers.


🌹 J J H ARP E R 🌹  
JJ Harper likes nothing more than to lose herself in books, either reading or writing them. She spends her days dreaming about hot men and love stories, letting her imagination run away with her.
Living quietly in the South Lincolnshire countryside with her very patient husband and her uber-lazy dog she hides behind a sweet smile but really is a coffee-addicted, wine drinking, potty-mouthed girl with no intention of every growing up or growing old gracefully.



Sign up to my newsletter here


Book links

Reunion

Reunited

Elysium

Troy – Into the Light

Troy – Out of the Dark

Narrow Margins

Available on Kindle Unlimited

Denver’s Calling

Finding Me Series M/F

Rising Up 

My Turn

Missing Pieces

Set to Fall



No comments:

Post a Comment