Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Wheels on the Bike Go Round and Round...

I used to love riding my bike back when I was in middle and high school.  I rode all over the place.  But I haven't ridden in over 20 years now...so today for the first time in those 20 years I got back on!  I've been wanting a bike for a long time now and finally last week I ordered one.  It came in and was built at the local Trek store yesterday:
Shiny!
It's a Trek Lexa C, a new model that just recently came out.  It's silver with blue accents.  If you want to know all the specs, just click here and check out the "details" tab.  Personally?  I have no idea what most of that stuff means.

What I do know is, compared to my last bike (a 12-speed road bike from the 80s), this one is really light-as in I can pick it up with one hand easily-and once I get going, it can be REALLY fast.  And I wasn't even trying since today was my first time on a bike in so very long.  Can't wait to see what happens once I get used to riding again :-)

I did 5.7 miles today.  I'm tracking with an app on my iPhone called Strava which seems to be pretty good (thanks Dave!).  It was a good ride, though my butt is sore since I'm not used to the seat...might pick up a cover for now until I get back into the swing of things.  I plan on riding at least 3-4 times a week as cross-training while prepping for the Disney Half Marathon this January.

For now though...I need a nap after getting up nice and early to try and avoid the SoFla heat and eventual storms.  I did finish before the skies started darkening...though at a finish temperature of 85 degrees the heat kinda sucked.  Good thing there's plenty of trees around here to help shade things a bit.

Oh, and for my book friends...since the colors on the bike reminded me of the book cover-I decided to name my bike Archer.  Go ahead...you know you want to say it...*big grin*

Are you a cyclist?  Do you incorporate cycling into your training plan if you're a runner/walker?
Fits perfectly in the back of my car, though I think there'll be a bike rack in the near future ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment