Saturday, June 29, 2019

Guest Post: Kindle Alexander


Please welcome the amazing Kindle Alexander to Making it Happen!



Good morning everyone! Thank you, Carra for having us today! I hope your vacation is stunning and everything you want it to be.

Usually I try for funny. Humor is an important part of my life – I love to laugh and it seems to be the thing I do in most situations – regardless of the situation, but jokes can be a tricky deal. I don’t want to offend anyone, and humor tends to offend. So instead, I’m going to tell you about Kindle.

I tragically lost my sixteen-year-old daughter to a drunk driver. She had just been at home, it was early in the night and I heard the accident happen out on the street. I’ll never forget that moment. The sirens were immediate and something inside me just knew. I left my house, drove straight to the accident on nothing more than instinct. I got to be there when my little girl died – weirdly, I consider that a true gift from above. She didn’t have to be alone.

That time in my life was terrible. It’s everything you imagine times about a billion. I love that kid. I loved being her mother and I loved watching her grow into this incredibly beautiful person, both inside and out. She was such a gift to me. To have her ripped away so suddenly broke me.

Her name was Kindle. Honest to goodness – it was her name and she died a few weeks before Amazon announced their brand new ereader. She had no idea the Kindle was coming out and she would have finally gotten her name on something! Try finding a ruler with the name Kindle on it…Never happened.

Through the course of that crippling event I was lucky enough to know my writing partner. I would have never gotten through those dark days without her unwavering support and guidance. There wasn’t a time she wasn’t there for me. For the first time I used the hand offered. I know without question I wouldn’t be here today without her. It takes a special person to stand beside someone at a time like that. I will love her forever. I could go on and on about both of them, but I won’t. 

We created Kindle Alexander in her memory and knew from the very beginning we wanted to write MM Romance – even though we had no idea the genre even existed. Together, with our readers and online friends, we’ve continued her sweet nature – maybe not quite the way she would have lived, but still an incredible continuation. We take this very seriously and appreciate everyone and everything for all you’ve given to grow the genre. You guys are wonderful.  

Now you know a little about me, tell me about you in the comments below.

PS: If you’ve never read Kindle, send me an email at kindle@kindlealexander.com and I’m happy to send you a free ebook code to give us a try. 

Much love everyone, and again, thank you Carra! Enjoy yourself! 

Author Links



Kindle's Double Full was my first foray into M/M romance, and I've been hooked on the genre--and every Kindle Alexander book--ever since!


No comments:

Post a Comment