Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Making it Happen's 2018 5-star Roundup - M/M Romance


Every reader has their own criteria for what makes a book a 5-star read for them.  What one person adores can make another person say, "What were you thinking?", and yet another might feel just meh.  The great thing is, there are stories out there for everyone in a multitude of categories, so sooner or later you'll find one that ticks all your boxes and makes you happy.  In 2018, I read over 250 books, and in addition to my five Top Recommendations that I gave this year, I came across another 25 books that were solid 5-star reads for me.  Here are the amazing stories that sparked my imagination, filled me with joy, or triggered an intense emotional response in 2018...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Yesterday I featured the first book of this series, Confessions: Robbie, as one of my Top Recommendations of 2018.  But every book of this M/M/M contemporary romance series was a 5-star read for me:

My Reviews:



Find them on Amazon:




Filled with emotion and suspense, touching on a subject in current events that affects us all, and an incredible coming of age read!




Nobody does M/M fantasy romance in short story format better than Kasia Bacon.  Every one of her books has been a 5-star read for me, which is no small feat for short stories!  If you haven't started her order series yet, you'll want to remedy that oversight ASAP ;-)




A.E. Via is an absolute goddess when it comes to writing alpha male characters.  Fans of The Bounty Hunters series long awaited Brian and Sway's story here in the fourth book, and to say A.E. delivered is an understatement.  Riveting and swoon-worthy, definitely unputdownable!




When Jaclyn Quinn's debut novel, Hard to Let Go, was release, I was blown away.  She continued to impress with each subsequent release in the Haven's Cove series, and all three of these I read in 2018 were 5-star material!

 
My Reviews:

Find them on Amazon:



Opposites attract and a touch of BDSM are what you'll find in this third book in the With a Kick series.  How could you say "no" to that?




A journey of healing and coming of age, and of course a bit of romance!




Sometimes what you need is a good sci-fi zombie story with romance, right?  Dead Fall is the second book in the Dead Things series, and definitely hit the spot for my zombie story craving.  Yes, you'll want to read book one, Dead Things, first.




Passionate and heartbreaking, Riley Hart's writing and characters really shine here in His Truth.  This one's a definite can't-miss!




Sci-fi adventure romance that is unique and addicting, The Perfect Whore quickly caught my attention from the moment I read the synopsis.  It'll probably catch yours as well!




I really found some fantastic sci-fi romance reads this past year, including this gem by Hanna Dare.  Action, suspense, and humor are all packed in to this story, and I hope to see a lot more to come in the series!




This story just might be my favorite royalty romance ever.  What happens when a royal falls for not just a commoner, but one who is part of the paparazzi?  Yep, that intrigued me as well ;-)




"You can be ruthless and feared by everyone else, but you will always be my home."  Fantastic romantic suspense, intense slow burn, and a May/December romance...yeah, this one shot to the top of my TBR when I found all that out!




Adorably cute, wonderfully sweet, and definitely uplifting...that's Levi and Beckett in a 5-star nutshell!




I never got around to reading the North Star series when it was first released, so when the series re-released last year, I jumped at the chance to give it a go.  Spark was a fantastic start to the trilogy, and this second chance romance for Hugo and Kevin is an amazing story.




This is the third book in Lily Morton's Mixed Messages series, and it's an angsty friends-to-lovers story that kept me on edge from beginning to end.




This is one of the best friends-to-lovers stories I've read, and it's definitely my favorite book by this author.  Incredibly sweet, but also incredibly hot!




Layla Reyne is one of the best romantic suspense authors out there, and Craft Brew is a perfect example of why.  This is the second book in the Trouble Brewing series, so be sure to read Imperial Stout first so you can get Cam and Nic's relationship from the start.




Dark Rivers, book two in the Witchbane series, showcases Morgan Brice's brilliant talent for writing urban fantasy.  It drew me right in from the start, and I finished it in a single sitting.  Highly recommended for paranormal romance/urban fantasy fans!




This collection is one of my favorite reads by this author, and when you add in Charlie David's narration of the audiobook, getting this collection is a no-brainer.  Be prepared--this one's a scorcher!




And last but absolutely NOT least, I have a holiday romance for you from one of my favorite authors, N.R. Walker.  A Soldier's Wish is part of the Christmas Angel series, and this one has ALL the feels!  Military romance, Woodstock, and innocence lost...keep your tissues handy for this one, and if you're like me, you'll want to make this an annual re-read :-)



I hope you like all of these as much as I did.  If you decide to check any of them out, let me know what you thought!

Happy Reading for 2019 everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment