Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Book Review: Emerge (Evolve Series #1) by S.E. Hall


Emerge
Emerge by S.E. Hall

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I loved this book. You've got end-of-high-school angst, first love, starting college angst, a love triangle...then throw in some really happy times, some heartbreak and of course some of the steamy stuff. That recipe will give you a winner of a story.

The characters-loved them all with the exception of Whitley-who I wanted to tell to buzz off (not because she wasn't written well, but because I don't care for girls with her kind of personality and attitude). Sawyer was just awesome and funny, I want Zach as my go-to friend and confidante, and Evan...*sigh*. My heart was positively aching for him and rooting him on. Not to say I wouldn't ever pick Dane-beacuse WOW-but Evan's sweetness and boy-next-door persona just melted my heart.

I flew through this book in a single day, staying up way too late to finish it as I just couldn't put it down. Everything flowed so smoothly and the characters were very well written, you're just totally drawn in. And it will tug at your heartstrings, so be ready for the emotion.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a sweet romance, just keep in mind there's a bit of spice thrown in so I'd say 18+. Can't wait to continue the series to find out where these characters' stories go!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment