Thursday, July 16, 2015

Release Day-Excerpt: The Anchor by BN Toler


Title: The Anchor
Author: B N Toler
Series: A Holly Springs Novel
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Erotic Humor 
Released: July 16, 2015


Parker Hayes has just graduated at the top of his class from law school. He has an amazing new job and a killer new bachelor pad. Life is good! It’s damn near perfect. But something is missing. No matter how hard he tries, he hasn’t been able to get Nikki Reese off his mind. The mind-blowing, sex-filled weekend they spent together was more incredible than anything he’s ever experienced. But the brief encounter wasn’t enough, and now Parker finds himself musing over if he’ll ever see Nikki again. Just one more touch… 

Nikki Reese is Holly Spring’s beauty queen. She’s the kind of woman that can smile, taking a man’s breath away, all while flipping him the bird. Pageants are her life and she’s determined to make it to the Miss USA pageant no matter what. No. Matter. What. 

But what was supposed to be a fun-filled—no strings attached—weekend together in New York changes all of that. 

Months after their fling, Nikki discovers the incredible time they spent together will forever change her life. Two bold pink lines have written a fate she’s not sure how to deal with.  When Parker discovers the news, to her surprise, he rushes to Nikki’s side, ready and willing to help in any way he can. 

Seeing Nikki again sends Parker’s imagination running wild, but he keeps his cravings in check for the time being. The two agree to work together for the sake of their child, but neither can fight the intense, raw chemistry between them. But when Nikki’s abandonment issues threaten to divide them, brutally sending them drifting apart, Parker must become the one who keeps them grounded and intact.

He must be The Anchor.

She may feel like she’s shattered into a million little pieces, but he’s about to show her that letting him go again is not an option.


AMAZON ❇️ BARNES AND NOBLE ❇️ SMASHWORDS



EXCERPT

Then it hit me.

But no . . . really? It couldn’t be.

But what other explanation could there be?

I had just taken her virginity.

F*ck me.

I walked back into the bathroom and tossed the condom.

Cleaning up quickly, I ran a hand through my hair. She’d just lost her virginity on my uncle’s bedroom floor. I am such a f*cking asshole. But why wouldn’t she have told me?

I didn’t know how to make this right. But I had to try. When
I came back out, she was holding up her torn panties, giving me a pointed look with one brow quirked. “Sorry about that,” I laughed.

“Don’t be,” she chuckled as she bent down to grab her dress.

God, her ass was the definition of perfection. To top it off, she still wore her heels and I felt my d*ck getting hard again.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.

She didn’t stop to look at me, but continued shaking her
dress out. “Does it matter?”

Does it matter?

Was she serious? Did she think I was some kind of asshole that wouldn’t have cared? That I wouldn’t have wanted to make it special for her? That pissed me off. “To me, it does,” I seethed.

“It was none of your business.”

“Are you f*cking serious right now?” I asked calmly, but the
edge to my voice conveyed how much I f*cking hated what she’d just said. “Why the f*ck didn’t you tell me? I feel like an asshole right now.”

This time, she looked at me. “Because I didn’t want you to hold back.”

My anger ebbed slightly. I moved toward her and she pulled
the dress to her chest, covering herself. Yanking the outfit from her, I tossed it aside. “If you’d told me, I wouldn’t have held back. A man can be gentle and rough at the same time, Nicole.” Her tongue darted out and she licked her lips as I pulled her to me and pressed our bodies together. “I know we only have tonight, but let me show you. Let me show you how walking that fine line between pain and pleasure can be f*cking phenomenal.”

She stared back at me, her bright eyes filled with a curiosity that bordered lust. As I leaned down and kissed her shoulder, she whispered, “Okay.”






Author Bio
B N Toler lives in Virginia. When she's not reading or writing, she's thinking about reading or writing. Before she became a self-proclaimed writer, she worked as a real estate agent and as an orthodontic technician. **She will notice your teeth before your eyes or hair or anything.**

She enjoys shopping (way too much) and is on a first name basis with several employees at the local Target in her town. 

She loves music,(bluegrass, country, 80's, actually she loves most music ~her favorite song is American Pie by Don McLean and she worships anything that is Elvis and Johnny Cash and Eric Church) dancing, (even though she sucks at it)reading, writing, eating (too much) sleeping late, (which she rarely gets to do) and laughing. If you can make her laugh, she will love you forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment