Sunday, May 11, 2014

Book Review: The Curse Keepers by Denise Grover Swank

The Curse Keepers (Curse Keepers, #1)The Curse Keepers by Denise Grover Swank

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really liked the premise of this book. It was really cool how the author wound the story of the Lost Colony at Roanoke into the book, and that along with the edgy interaction between the two lead characters, Ellie and Collin, kept me glued to my iPad reading.

I like that Ellie is a strong female lead, though she can be stubborn to a fault. She and Collin have a ton of chemistry which makes for some great reading and steamy scenes. While Collin is definitely in the bad boy category, I still didn't like his decision to go see Marino. In fact, that whole portion of the story with Marino just didn't fit right to me, and is why I rated only 4 stars instead of 5. It just didn't seem to go with the rest of the story for me, so interrupted the flow of things for me.

There is plenty of action, which does build as the story goes on until the final scene where everything goes nuts. And leaves you there, hanging and scrambling for the next book...because you're definitely going to want to see where this one goes.

With those steamy scenes I referred to earlier, I would advise 18+ for the target audience...and if you're looking for a standalone story, this is not it. But--if you like paranormal romance with action and a bit of history woven in, be sure to pick this one up...you won't be disappointed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment