Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blog changes

So, you've probably noticed I haven't posted much for a while.  Or maybe you haven't.  Anyway, to keep you up to date...

While I still am working on Making it Happen (weight loss and participating in endurance events), I've been spending a lot of time doing a couple of my other favorite things-working on my other blog (The Disney World Files), my still mostly new-ish business (independent travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations), and my all-time favorite extracurricular activity-reading.  The roller coaster of weight loss is still going strong-unfortunately with more ups than I'd like-and while I'm not race-crazy like I was in the beginning, I do have this year's Expedition Everest Challenge and next January's Disney Half Marathon coming up.

Since my personal focus has changed somewhat...and this is my blog ;-)...I'm going to be making some changes to what I'll be posting here.  You'll still see personal updates, race/running/fitness stuff and the occasional product reviews (one coming up tonight after this post!), but now I'm going to be adding posts about books and authors including reviews, upcoming releases and such...maybe even throw in some giveaways for my favorite books while I'm at it.
In the last year an a half, the number of books I've been reading has exploded...I'm actually averaging about 3, sometimes 4 books a week (sometimes even more, sometimes less).  There's just something about getting lost in a story that is extremely appealing.  I read many genres-YA contemporary, YA paranormal, new adult romance, adult contemporary romance, adult paranormal/paranormal romance, sometimes YA sci-fi romance...and I'm one of those gals who loves a happy ending where the girl gets the guy and they live happily ever after (HEA).

So, you'll probably see some of those posts start to go up soon.  I also have a twitter handle specifically for my book activities, @CarraBookLover so feel free to come follow me there-my Goodreads reviews post there (and if you want to friend me on Goodreads or follow my reviews there, click HERE), plus I share links to giveaways I find for books, Amazon gift cards, etc...as well as personal book-related tweets.

Lastly, I have a Facebook page for Making it Happen where I'll share the links to new blog posts here as well as other tidbits and maybe even some giveaways from time to time.  Come on over and "like" the page HERE if you'd like to keep up with me on Facebook.

For now, I need to head off to write up my latest product review...but I'll be seeing you soon with some new stuff (yes, no worries, training updates are coming!).

No comments:

Post a Comment