Monday, December 21, 2015

Cinderella Countdown: Spellbound Cinderella by Angela Ford



Welcome to the Cinderella Countdown!

At the stroke of midnight New Year's Eve, The Glass Slipper Sisters will present their new book, Cinderella Treasure Trove.

Fifteen romance authors have served up delicious samples of their modern Cinderella-themed stories, along with a feast of tasty treats and glitzy party ideas.



Spellbound Cinderella By Angela Ford 




Genre: contemporary romance

If you had your dream body for only 24 hours…What would you do?

A sweet short modern twist to the ol’ tale of Cinderella… 
Sometimes all we need is a little boost of self-confidence… 

Tess Andrews lacked self-confidence from the models that surrounded her at work. It only discouraged her from sparking up a conversation with internationally famous photographer Parker Walsh. 

Her saviour-Girls Night! When her friend Cami shows them a magical pendant and tells them of her Grandma’s story, they decide what-the-heck and make a wish. A wish to have their dream bodies but there’s a catch. The wish only lasts 24 hours. 

A boost of self-esteem gives Tess the courage to ask Parker out. She has the perfect dress, the perfect shoes and a date with her Prince Charming. But will he like the ‘real’ her once the clock strikes twelve?


“Good afternoon, Miss. May I help you discover that something special?” A short polite man with high energy greeted Tess as she entered the boutique.

“I hope so.” She handed him the card Parker had signed. 

The man read it and smiled. “Miss Tess, Parker has sent you to the right place. I will honor his request and find you the perfect dress. You can call me Franc. Follow me. We haven’t much time.” 

His French accent simply made him adorable. Her stomach flipped with excitement. Tess moved fast to keep up with him. He spoke as fast as he walked.

“A new line arrived yesterday so no one but you will appear at the benefit in this line. I have the perfect one for you. It will wrap around that superb body beautifully.” He stopped and turned. “Yet it will not overpower your beauty. Child, you’d look good in rags.” Franc smiled and pivoted. 

That’s tomorrow. But I’m sure my beauty will disappear and I’ll be left in my rags. Tess chuckled within and then raced to keep up with him. She followed him to the back of the store and through a door. Franc reached for the garment bag that hung on a clothes rack and then started back into the main store area. 

“Follow me. I’ll show you to the change room.” 

When he snapped his fingers for her to hurry, she moved faster after Franc than anytime she’d attempted to work out at the gym, which wasn’t often. Her New Year’s resolution never lasted the month of January. 

Franc hung the garment bag on the outside of the change room door and unzipped it slowly. He turned when the zipper made its half-way point. “Are you excited?” He asked with a grin like that of a child on his birthday. 

Tess nodded. She loved his high energy. He definitely knew how to excite a woman about a new dress. 

He then turned to finish the task-at-hand. 

Tess stood in awe. Franc had revealed a silver-blue dress. Tess brought her hand to her mouth. She sighed with pleasure.

“Miss Tess likes.” He clapped his hands. His English wasn’t the greatest but his excitement and French accent made him irresistible. 

Tess reached out to touch the dress then looked at Franc for assurance she could touch it. 

He motioned for her to do so. “Isn’t it the most gorgeous material? This dress is perfect. It is classy, shimmering and sexy.” Franc reached for the dress. He stood behind Tess and held the dress in front of her. She could see the dress against her in the mirror as Franc described the dress further.

“The silver and white sequin dons the bodice of this gown. The sheer, full-length skirt sweeps the floor. The silky satin will feel smooth against your skin. Try it on.” He gave her a gentle push into the change room and then handed her the dress.

Tess opened the door only to hear Franc gasp. He stood with both hands over his mouth.

“Oh yes, Miss Tess, this definitely cries out red carpet―or should I say runway―for you?”

Tess laughed. He thinks I’m one of the models. Now there’s a compliment or one damn good sales person.

“I’m not a model. I run an employment agency. Parker is one of my clients. I refer models to him.” Tess laughed and Franc joined in. 

“I assumed. How silly of me? Parker sends models to me for special occasions. He’s never sent a special someone. Is this your first date? Or is it just business?” Franc asked with a wink.

“Our second date, actually, if you count lunch today.” Tess shrugged.

“Well he is one lucky man.” Franc turned Tess so she could she herself in the mirror.

Tess smiled. She never dreamed she’d be wearing a dress this beautiful. Franc was right. She felt like she’d been wrapped in silk as the lightweight material touched her skin. The bodice gave just enough of a peek of her cleavage. I take back what I said to Cami about Cinderella. I don’t know if I’ll get the happily-ever-after but I am certain I’m going to have one magical night.


Interested in helping with the release tour for the Cinderella Treasure Trove tour (January 1-7, 2015)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for supporting Angela Ford, one of my Glass Slipper Sisters, and her book Spellbound Cinderella.

    ReplyDelete