Tuesday, January 22, 2019

2018 in Review: My TOP RECOMMENDATIONS in M/M Romance!


Every year I add a small handful of exceptional books to my Top Recommendations list.  Only about 2% of what I read each year gets not only 5 stars from me, but also the honor of being named a Top Recommendation.  In 2018, there were five incredible stories that made my list, as well as two audiobooks. Find out more about these wonderful tales here!

My #1 book & audiobook of 2018:


Evolved by N.R. Walker blew away all the other books I read--and listened to--in 2018.  I featured it here on the blog yesterday, and you'll find me fawning over the author and Joel Leslie, the narrator of the audiobook in that post.  It is sci-fi romance with a uniquely human element, and I can't recommend this story highly enough!  



Sharing the spotlight for #1 audiobook of the year:


The Solstice Prince by S.J. Himes, narrated by Joel Leslie, puts both the author's incredible writing skills and the narrator's unparalleled performance ability on full display.  And as amazing as S.J. Himes's storytelling is in this epic fantasy, the narration takes The Solstice Prince to another level with Joel's incomparable range of voices.  See my full review here on the blog!



And now for my other top reads of 2018, in no particular order...


Of Sunlight and Stardust by Riley Hart and Christina Lee was simply stunning.  It hit me hard emotionally, and was really like two stories in one.  It's not only highly emotional, but also powerful and definitely one you will not want to pass up.  My full review is featured on the blog here.




Forget Me Not by Brooke Blaine...I'd have given this ALL the stars--damn these 5-star limitations on rating sites!  Brooke snatched my heart right out of my chest, then held it hostage until the second book of this duet, Remember Me When (which you'll see on the blog tomorrow in my 5-star reads of the year list), was released.  See what I thought of this book that has all the feels here.




Ella Frank has long been one of my favorite M/M authors...and now also M/M/M with the introduction of her Confessions series in 2018.  Confessions: Robbie is the one that started things off for the series, and it was nothing short of sensational!  Explicit, erotic, and filled with intensity and passion, it's no wonder it's one of my Top Recommendations for the year.  Check out my full review in this post on the blog!




This year's list could never be complete without The Necromancer's Reckoning by S.J. Himes.  The Beacon Hill Sorcerer series is one of my all-time favorites in urban fantasy/paranormal romance--it's the kind of series where you wish the author would never stop writing stories in it.  I've been thoroughly enjoying Angel and Simeon's journeys, and can't wait for more in this world.  Complex characters, fascinating storylines, and Eroch the dragon...I couldn't ask for more.  See my review in its entirety in my review post here on the blog!



So, is your interest piqued?  I hope you enjoy all of these stories as much as I did!  What were your top reads of 2018?



No comments:

Post a Comment