Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Book Review: HARD EDIT by Andrea Smith & Eva LeNoir-TOP RECOMMENDATION!



  Title: Hard Edit
Series: Black Balled #2
By: Andrea Smith & Eva LeNoir
Publication Date: September 4, 2016
Genre: MM Romance



It's all fun and games until egos get hurt.
After a year of a seemingly happily-ever-after, Troy Babilonia throws a curve ball that smacks Larson Blackburn right in the head. When Troy's debut novel, "Bridge to Lonely," threatens to overshadow Larson's own success, inviting a past shadow into the light of their present, the two alphas must learn to adjust.

"Bridge to Lonely" has garnered an unexpected success both in the literary world and in the film industry, forcing Larson to accept that he is not the only successful author in the building. But as Troy's old flame decides to make an appearance, the two alphas are forced to test the strength of their love. Let the battle of the egos recommence; where sarcasm is the preferred weapon, and the testosterone levels go beyond the boiling point.

Because Black Balled just wasn't enough...Smith & LeNoir bring you Hard Edit.


Adult Content 18+



Amazon CA



Carra's Review

I don’t think I will ever get my fill of Larson and Troy. I thought Black Balled was a pretty damn good and entertaining story, but Hard Edit blew Black Balled out of the water. Filled with dangerous levels of snark and smartassery, I laughed, snorted (yes, I admit it) and awwww-ed my way through Hard Edit, and I have to tell you-I’ve already re-read it (I’ve only had it about a month).

Both Larson and Troy are just as alpha, cocky and funny as they were in Black Balled…actually even more so with a bit of hot-headedness thrown in for good measure. The banter that flies back and forth between them was fantastic, and hearing their thoughts through the whole book kept a grin-quite often a naughty grin-on my face almost the entire time I was reading. That naughty grin is the result of their sexual escapades which are even hotter here in Hard Edit. These two are made for each other, pure and simple-not just a match physically, but also mentally and emotionally. By the time you’re through with the story, you can’t imagine the two of them not together. The exceptional passion they possess individually and together shines on every page, and makes both very strong characters.

It is so hard for me to write this review without spoiling anything. I want to quote half the freakin’ book because the writing is just THAT GOOD. I’ll put this one here for you:

“Troy?”
“Hmmm?”
“In case I don’t say it enough…”
“Yeah?”
“You’re the main plot of my life story.”
“Larson?”
“Yeah?”
“You’re the beginning and the end of mine.”
Troy places an open-mouthed kiss at the crook of my neck and I sigh.
He is mine.
And I am his.

There are so many exchanges that I highlighted, and they’re all just…classic. And oh my goodness Ida. She’s one hell of a spitfire and some of the things she tells the guys, I was just about falling out of my seat. 

The guys navigate living sort-of together, people from their past popping up-yeah, there’s some havoc and drama caused from those appearances, an unexpected and amazing offer for Troy, and a touching yet totally Troy-and-Larson scene featuring a very interesting question (I’m sorry, am I teasing you with that? Oops…my bad.). Even when some things come across cheesy, corny or downright obnoxious, every bit of it is quintessentially Larson and Troy.

I couldn’t put this one down, and Hard Edit has a permanent 5-freaking-amazing-stars place on my top recommendations list. I do strongly and highly recommend you read Black Balled first before starting Hard Edit, while I supposed you could get away without doing so you’ll probably feel a bit lost at some points in this story without having the background from the first book. Don’t worry-it’s a fantastic read too. Hard Edit is strictly for readers 18+ due to plenty of adult language and explicit M/M sexual content (including some new kink for the guys). M/M romance fans who love both their main characters as dueling alpha males—you don’t want to miss this! (PS-Andrea and Eva, if you decide to write more Larson and Troy at any point…you can be sure I’ll be snapping ANYTHING up with them in it)

 

Black Balled Series #1




Andrea Smith

Andrea Smith is a USA Today and Amazon Best-Selling Author of the G-Man Series! She has a wicked sense of humor. No matter the genre, she is able to infuse laughter throughout.

She self-publishes Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, and Sensual Romance with a paranormal twist. She also writes New Adult Romance, and has recently collaborated with Author Eva LeNoir on two M/M Romances, with the third to be released in September 2016!




Eva LeNoir

Eva LeNoir grew up travelling with her parents to various countries in the world. Reading was her constant companion during her travels and her ability to adapt to different cultures fed her mind with endless possibilities. The characters swimming in her head are always from various horizons with a multitude of dreams and aspirations.  However, all of these voices always have one thing in common: The women are strong and independent. A true believer in the female cause, Eva's wish is to portray the women in her books as the leaders. She sees them walking hand in hand with their partners and not be the sheepish followers of the male gender. But most of all, Eva LeNoir wants to offer her readers a moment of pleasure as they dive into the world of her mind's creation.




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love this! Thank you so much, Carra! I'm so happy that Troy and Larson were good to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review, Carra!! Loved it!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete