Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Book Review: Gambling on a Scoundrel by Sheridan Jeane



Gambling on a ScoundrelGambling on a Scoundrel by Sheridan Jeane

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Put together an interesting storyline filled with intrigue and well written scenes with characters that capture your attention and have depth, then add the historical aspect and throw in a dash of romantic tension, and you've got Gambling on a Scoundrel.

I haven't read a lot of historical romance books, not for any dislike of the genre, but really more because I tend to gravitate toward the paranormal and sports romance books. I actually had to look up some terms for clarification (though I got the gist of things based on context anyway), but this did not take anything away from the story for me. It actually made me more interested as I got to learn terms and customs I wasn't aware of from that time period.

The story flowed smoothly and kept me interested the whole way through the book. Tempy did frustrate me a bit at first with her desire to try and win Ernest back-if that had happened to me I would be the first one saying "good riddance"-but for the most part she was a strong character, especially during a time in history when strong women were frowned upon. And speaking of strong women, I loved the character of Millicent and thought she was a great role model for Tempy. And Lucien...*sigh* A strong, protective, shrewd man who helps others and is still a gentleman...a perfect lead male for this story.

I really enjoyed this book, and can't wait to read more by this author, and definitely more in the historical romance genre. 4 well-deserved stars!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment